Sunday, May 2, 2010

Birds!

We had a nest up in the corner of our back patio. 
I climbed up (on a ladder) to get a picture  on a Saturday evening.  They were soooo cute!

Then Kimi said I was going to make them blind with my flash!  So that's all I took of them.

The next week, I looked and I could only see three and they had feathers and everything! 

When I climbed up to get a closer look, they took off!  They scared me so bad I nearly fell off the ladder.
And ladders are NOT my favorite thing to be on when birds fly at me!  I assume the other two had already flown away.  The next day, we saw one on the tree by the fence in back of our place and momma was feeding him.  Guess I scared them off!  Dang it!  The nest looks sad up there. 
All alone.... empty.
And filled with birdy poop!  Ewwww.....momma wasn't a very good housekeeper!

1 comment:

  1. how neat is THAT?? They are so sweet, I LOVE babies in a nest!! I'm glad you didn't fall off the ladder taking a peek...that would be 'just what you needed'...glad you got THESE shots!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter