Saturday, June 12, 2010

THE LIST!


Hubby is off for 7 weeks because of school being out (he's a bus driver), so he wrote this list of things he wants to get done during this time 'off'.  You can't see very well, but he has speedometer, gutter, water system (added to my drip system) and closet crossed off.  You'd think by now (he's been off for abt 3 wks now) he'd have most of that done, right?

Well, guess what, life happens!

Yes it does!



He was sleeping in Friday AM (had trouble sleeping during the night) so I left him sound asleep as I went to work.  He deserved it!  He's been getting up at 6 AM so he could do stuff outside before the triple-digits hit.

So what happens on his ONE day of sleeping in this vacation?

Lots of racket and then bang, the swamp cooler ceases to exist!

NOT good if you are anywhere but here in AZ?

A REALLY bad thing!

So after going out to see what happened, he came back in, ate breakfast and started his day!

On the roof.  Temperature was only supposed to get up to 90 or so which is an improvement but that came with predicted 30+ mph wind!  Wanna be on a roof in that kind of wind?  Me either!

But he did.  The really fun part for him?  Chucking all the broken nasty swamp cooler off the roof and onto the ground!  When I got home, this is what I found.....





Now admit it!  Some of that rust is actually quite pretty, isn't it? 

NOT!
(But some of it is pretty interesting, right?)
Yes, I'm weird!  Let's move on, shall we?

See, when we bought this place 2 years ago this month, he said that we would be really lucky if the cooler made it through THAT summer!  And it did..... with the same prediction for the NEXT summer. 
And for this year too!

Kept on cranking out the cool!

And lovely pieces of rust through the vents every time it came on.  Albeit small pieces!

But when this sucker blew, it blew BIG time! 

As in BIG chunks of rust all over the house - under every vent!

Lovely! 

But he cleaned it almost all up!  Yep, he's a keeper!

On Memorial Day, a friend at the family BBQ (she's family, in a round about way) told us she was getting central air!  She was so excited to get rid of her swamp cooler!  We asked her what she was going to do with it (never pass up an opportunity!) now that she didn't need it.  Well, she was going to sell it.
So we bought it!

We picked it up on Thursday evening -- yep, the night before the total blowout!

How's THAT for timing!

So, this is what he has been doing today......





Yep, I'm pretty sure he's going to be happy I put THIS on there!  But I stood out there for like 5 minutes and this is all he did!  We was hooking up wires, water lines, something!


This is how it looked about 30 minutes ago.

He says he's about done...just has to make sure the water line is working, check on something else,
 (did you know men mumble when the don't think we women are going to understand anyway?
  Yes, they do!)
 then put the rest of it together! 
 I keep making him come in for water.... but it is cool for AZ in June (currently 83) and the wind is blowing a bit so he doesn't think he needs to as much! 

What EVER!  I'm mean......  I'll admit it!

So, now see why his list isn't done?  And this isn't the only thing that has sidetracked him. 

Bet he'll be glad when he goes back to work!

Oh dear.....he came in for water and when I asked him how it was going,
 he said it wasn't fitting quite right so he has to 'figure it out'.......

THAT'S not a good thing.................

So pray for us!  We will need this finished by Monday, when the temps are supposed to be upper 90's!


5 comments:

  1. Wow. That is crazy looking, I can't believe it was running at all like that!

    I'm glad the temps are holding out, and I have every confidence daddy can figure it out. ;) He always does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GOSH!!! OK first: ONLY an ARTIST is going to think that rust is "pretty interesting". Number 2: Dells butt is lookin good in his levi's! number 3: the fact that you BOUGHT that swamp cooler from your 'family' member only means one thing....you JINXED the one you HAD! Clear and simple! Like wash the car=rain. Now on the BRIGHT side....the blue skies made a bright and cheery picture in spite of the conditions being what they were...and the words that were being muttered under those pretty skies? I too...can understand them...even reading them between YOUR written lines! and last but not least...I am thinking that you are STILL out there aiming a flash light in the direction of Dells Behind because you are NOT answering my repeated attempts to CHAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I didn't make the list. Great. I have *lots* of daddy-do's. Do I need to find a new daddy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this happened in June and not July. Y'all would have died of heatstroke.

    And watching your husband do that job makes me glad once again that I am not the man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie - no, you don't need to get a new daddy! You'd have to train him to do your shipping and you don't have time!
    @ Mindee - wow, I'm so glad you visited! I LOVE your blog so I am flattered, really I am. And yes, It is a good thing it happened in June not July, but here in AZ June is triple-digit time so it was still hot~ We lucked out, the temps stayed in the 90's and he got it working! It is really quiet when it comes on! Except for the cool air, you don't know it's running! Yea for talented hubbies!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter