Friday, June 18, 2010

The trouble the LIST Caused!

Wow, who knew I would cause grief for my dear husband by posting his list! 
 Did I not mention that it was a HONEY DO list?
And NOT the DADDY DO list?

hmmmmmm

So our youngest daughter posted on Facebook that maybe she needed to get a new daddy
cuz she wasn't on his list! 

 And at a family dinner Tuesday night
(when our oldest was in town for a quick trip and I was sick so wasn't there to defend myself........)

My poor hubby was bombarded! 

"None of MY stuff was on your list!"
"You did Brie's fan but my faucet outside is still leaking."
"My porch light is out and it's too high for me to change it and I don't have a ladder!"
"My deadbolt is broken!"
"Better hurry and get Kim and Katie's stuff done before we get back.
I'm sure WE will have stuff that needs done too!"

etc etc etc....

So, I owe my husband an apology for posting his list on my stupid blog! 

Sorry...

He wasn't really mad when he said stupid blog, right?

Anyhoo.....

Brie - who isn't a BLOOD daughter but, what the heck!  -
(She's our oldest daughter's sis-in-law, so that's close enough to get on a daddy do list)
SHE gave him a gift card to HOME DEPOT!  He helped her hubby install a ceiling fan in her home office.

When OUR girls started giving him a lot of grief, he just waved the gift card in the air
and went about feeding our youngest grandson! 



Not saying that the girls have to pay him but...sometimes wheels get greased! 
Not really girls, you don't have to pay daddy.....he just likes to tease! 
Let him play with the grandkids
and give them icecream when their mom's say they don't need more....he'll be ok.


I guess I don't help any.....
I add to the list without even trying!

A couple of days ago.....actually Wednesday......which WAS a couple of days, wasn't it???

Me:  Ya know what I was thinking?

Hubby:  Oh oh, no, now what?

Me:  I was thinking, if we took down part of the AZ room, ya know, to here? (indicating about 1/2 of it)
And then we can have the rest of it as a covered patio. 

Hubby: Ok

Me: Yea!  And we can put the lawn furniture (we inherited a nice table and 4 chairs)
 under it and put misters up and really enjoy our yard!

Hubby: Ya we could.  (Notice lack of enthusiasm here.)

Me:  Well, since the floorboards are rotting out and we have to replace the floor anyway on here
(who uses particle board on a patio floor anyway?!?!  Idiots, that's who....I'm just sayin'!)
It would only take half as much lumber, right?

Hubby: Right.  (He's starting to warm up to the idea now...)

Me:  So, it's just a suggestion, ya know?  We can talk about it more.
I'm not stupid, ya know!  I haven't been married to this man for 40+ years without learning something about negotiation!)

Hubby:  Well, it will have to wait a bit until I can get to it.

Me:  Fine, I was just thinking about it....it can wait a while. (insert grin here!)

So, yesterday, I get home from work and I find that he has started on it!  YEA ME!


SIGH......
then life happens again!  Always that way, isn't it?

We were all tucked away snug in our bed - 11:45 - our DOORBELL rings!

WHAT???

The dogs are barking their freaking heads off!

WAS THAT REALLY THE DOORBELL?

So we jumped out of bed, grabbed robes, etc and went to see who it was. 

ME? I'm super brave, so I open the bathroom window that is close to the front door to see who is there while hubby gets his sweatpants on....... 

Don't know who the guy was but he says....

"You have a really bad water leak somewhere.  The water has flooded your whole yard and is running out into the street and into the wash!"

CRAP!

Yep, there it was....our very own lake....in the middle of the night.....in the middle of our freakin yard!

Seems a board tipped over, hit the timer on our drip system which caused it to rupture! 
I mean, seriously exploded off the water line! 
Water gushing out like a side-ways geyser!

It wasn't pretty folks, let me just tell you!

Plus, remember, it's the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!

Hubby goes out the back door, turns of the water line and says
"Hope I have a plug that will fit that line.  Otherwise you aren't going to get a shower in the morning."
WHAT!  I live in AZ!  I HAVE to have a shower!

Lucky for me, my packrat hubby had a plug that fit! 
 (No more griping about all that crap in his shop that he HAD to move down here from Idaho!)

Put that sucker on, turned the water back on,
had a dish of Rocky Road icecream as a reward for a good nights work,
and we went back to bed!

SIGH..... So, when I get home tonight, I will take pictures of the mess! 
We had boxes of canning jars that were under the porch stacked in the yard.....
they aren't stacked anymore..they tipped over.
So now we have MUDDY WET cardboard boxes full of canning jars in my yard!
And boxes of Christmas decos that may have also been damaged by the lake....

And he can't do anything right now because it is so stinking muddy that if he tried to work out there, he'd be sunk to his knees!  And we'd have even more mess with all the holes in our yard.

So, I don't know what he is doing today.........

Maybe working on the daddy do list?

Maybe not.

Byebye!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is terrible! But I know what he'd doing...he's coming to work to help us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh... I WANT to laugh...well...I kinda did (sorry) but this is like a nightmare post!! And POOR Dell....still being finagled by his wife!! LOL! (you still got it sis!) I just feel sorry for him though...one thing after another...and YOU!! Hey- I LIKE the idea of a mister on your covered porch. NIIIICE!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter