Saturday, July 31, 2010

Monsoon is FINALLY here! 7-31-10


This was the sky looking towards where we live about noon.
This is a beautiful sight!

This is what happened!


(Sorry - I've never added a video to my blog before. 
It wouldn't load and I can't delete it!  Now what?   HELP)

Well, if that had WORKED you could have seen what it looks like when it rains and all the water in our yard!  If anyone can help me figure out how to load it, let me know!

And I probably sound like a dork on here but all this lovely rain really makes me happy!

And then we get THIS!


  This is the wash down the street from where we live.

  Normally it is very dry and dusty.

Then we get RAIN! 

Lots and LOTS of rain!
Beautiful lovely rain!

And then we have water in the washes - and on the roads....

Yep, this road is closed!  This water is about a foot deep on the road. 

(See the baracades at the top of the picture? 
We need those so folks don't think it's shallow and "I can make THAT!" and then become a statistic!)

I was standing by a sign that says "If the water is to this sign it is 1 ft deep in the middle" 
(or something to that effect)

That's how I know! 
I didn't walk out into it because
DUH
Fast running water, folks!

They had to do about SEVEN swift water rescues last night.
I didn't want to be one today!

I went around the 'block' and shot this looking east up the Pantano Wash.
This was really deep here!  And fast.


This was on the other side of the bridge looking west.

We live up on the left of the picture.... You can't see the rooftops because of the trees.

(If you click on the picture you can see roof tops that LOOK really close to the water but it is deceptive.)

But we are there!  It is higher ground so we aren't in any real danger.

We hope!

We are so excited to have rain and pray it continues. 
We had a really bad monsoon last year - ie - not much rail.

So BRING IT ON!

We need it!

One of these days I'll get a shot of the washes as they are most of the year
You'll be really surprised!

2 comments:

 
Site Meter