Sunday, November 8, 2009

Free ZOO Day! Horray!

Saturday was School Day at the zoo - all the Tucson School dist had booths promoting their schools - It was free from 9-1 so we went..... I think, looking back, we were totally CRAZY! That place was absolutely packed with people, big and small. Cheerleaders walking around the zoo cheering, mascots wandering around! I'm surprised there were any animals out to be seen!



But there were! This is a black panther that was just cooling it by the glass! Kids beating on the glass and he just lays there. Collin didn't beat on the glass, he just looked. I wanted a picture of him with the big cat so he obliged. When I took it and showed him, he was impressed that his reflection was there! So it looks like two Collins!




Of course, Collin had to climb on rocks! Actually he climbed on all sorts of things. Katie kept telling him to get down - does anyone else see the humor in Katie telling HER kid to not climb?!hehee

Anyway - I told him this was proof that there ARE monkies at the zoo! :)



And his name is COLLIN!



There were these pretty vines hanging down at one of the exhibits.

Collin tried to swing from them!

He says he doesn't think they are strong enough to hold for someone to swing on them!

Ya think?

(He's holding the ones that broke off when he tried -

yep he tried!

Not surprised, surely?)


I JUST LOVE HIS FRECKLES!



Liam was so funny! He'd smile and make noises at us about every time we looked at him!


And he has figured out sticking out his tongue!


Isn't it cute?


(He was sitting in his stroller. I have no idea why it is upright in my Pictures but sideways here! And I can't figure out how to rotate it once it is here!)

All in all, we had a good time! And I'm sure the animals were glad when the zoo closed!


I really enjoyed the otters. We were there at 'lunch' time and they were getting minnows and apples and zuchini chunks! This is the boy. He was waiting for his next catch! He actually got TWO fish this time, one went immediately into his mouth and he held the other in his hands and floated on his back! But I was enjoying it so much I forgot the snap a picture! His little mate was too busy showing off to the crowd so I don't think she even realized he got one of hers!

2 comments:

  1. Collin is so a cutie!!! I love his freckles too....wow- Liam is getting big! Sigh...haven't even seen them in person and I can tell. The Zoo would have been crazy busy you nut! FREE=crazy busy!!!!!!!! But I know it would be fun because the more little kids around the more entertaining it is! Glad you took your camera! I enjoy your shots! thanks for updating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, trying this again. Since I already did it once technically I keep forgetting!

    I love Collin on the rock, just like his mama! Too bad he hasn't gotten to visit the kids here, we found real vines you could swing on in the woods by the river. He would love it here!

    That zoo is cheap. I would not go to free zoo day unless I was poor. Very poor. And I would probably be so poor then that I would not have $ for gas to get there anyway. Poor.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter