Saturday, February 27, 2010

Monday Challenge Results - early! :)

Ok, I know it isn't Monday but I wanted to post this now!  Who knows if it will look the same on Monday!  After all, we ALL KNOW that dryers don't like to be naked!

To complicate matters, my dear hubby said "You might as well clean up THIS mess while you are at it!  Then you will have somewhere to put all the crap off the dryer!"
This would be the mess he was talking about:











 These are the two cupboards and the top of them....HEY!  I DO have a big pot!  I thought so..... sigh


Now, since he got onery with me, I decided to do an experiment:  All the stuff off the dryer and washer got moved to the diningroom table:  His on one side, Mine on the other.  Now, admitedly this COULD have backfired but luckily for me, it didn't!  hehee

His side (except for the brown basket at the back - that's doggy stuff)

And MY side!  And you'll be proud of me....I threw out the hat!  Dang it, I LOVED that hat.  But a grandson kept pulling it down further and further on his head until his head poked out the top!  It was funny! Kinda.....


Everyone was really interested (ok, you all need a life!) in what was in the Easter Basket. 
Here you go!  Easter eggs, a cup holder thingy, paperplates and a little plastic bag of different sizes of rocks to I can decide what size rocks I want in my yard!  Oh, and that rag that is on the side....

See, perfectly good 'stuff'!

I'm going to let you go to the previous post about the Monday Challenge
so you can see what the before was for the top of the washer/dryer. 
I don't want to embarass myself by posting them again.)

Here are the cupboards now:

What the heck!  Look at all this space!
(On this page, that is)









I moved the shelf on the right and got all the doggy stuff on one shelf.  Now we know where THAT all is instead of digging for it....hey, this may have been a good idea after all!


And finally, the BIG reveal:
Introducing my Washer and Dryer!  As it looks right now!
See the lovely green?  That was Heidi's pick too!


Of interest also is this next shot.  We are always looking for flashlights - where the HECK do they keep going?  Apparently on the dryer:


Pretty sad, huh?  And only a couple of them had batteries that worked (or even batteries at all!)

So the functioning ones are on the shelf above the dryer and the others?  They are still in the kitchen, waiting to see if they will work when we get more bulbs to test them. 


So, I hope you enjoyed my misery!  It sure is fun to see that I'm not the only one!  One of my neices said that HER dryer grabs things out of her hands when she goes past!  I wish I had that excuse!  I use my front door!  So I really have no GOOD excuse...... except it is in my genes!

I haven't decided on my next challenge yet.  DELLAS has!  He wants me to do the closet next.  But I think that HE should have to help because 1/2 .... errr.....1/4 of the mess is his!  And I seriously hate to get rid of clothes.....I MIGHT loose ....... I might need...... I...... ugh.

1 comment:

  1. you are sooo dang funny Marlene!!!!! I LOVED the BIG POT comment! You are just fun, ain't cha? Looks FABULOUS sis....good job...and yeah Dell- MORE then half of that crap was YOURS!!! I am a "photo witness"!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter